Valparaiso Air Duct Cleaning
Having your HVAC system and air ducts professionally cleaned by a Valparaiso air duct cleaning company can greatly improve the air quality in your home. Clean ducts and a well-maintained HVAC ensure that your household is inhaling clean, healthier indoor air.
No matter how meticulous you are in housekeeping, dust and other airborne particles will still find a way to enter your home from outside and into your furnace, air conditioning system and air ducts. These particles will keep circulating in your home whenever you use your HVAC. In fact, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a typical home has more than 100 known carcinogens in the air. This is why services like Valparaiso air duct cleaning, Valparaiso furnace cleaning and Valparaiso dryer vent cleaning are all important.
You don’t want your family and even your pets breathing the same dirty, contaminated air over and over so hiring Valparaiso air duct cleaning and Valparaiso vent cleaning every two years and Valparaiso furnace cleaning every year will help ensure that dust, debris and other pollutants are not building up inside your home.
Fortunately, a legitimate Valparaiso air duct cleaning normally handles maintenance cleaning of other parts of the heating and ventilating system of a home. So, in addition to Valparaiso air duct cleaning you can also arrange for Valparaiso furnace cleaning and Valparaiso vent cleaning to minimize the disruption in your home.
How Professionals Conduct Valparaiso Air Duct Cleaning
Legitimate, professional air duct cleaners use a powerful, industrial type of vacuum which is mounted to a truck. They then attach a large vacuum hose about 10 inches in diameter to your air ducts and place the ductwork under negative pressure. The vacuum works to draw dislodged dust and debris out of the home so no contaminant gets expelled into your living space.
The Benefits of Valparaiso Air Duct Cleaning
- Reduced possibility of a system breakdown: A clean system is less likely to fail. In nine out of ten cases of A/C system breakdown, dirt and dust are to blame.
- Lower energy bills: Studies by the EPA found that about half an inch of dirt on a heating coil can lower its efficiency by 21% so having a clean system can certainly restore system capacity and cut operating time so you save money.
- Less dust in your home: With regular Valparaiso air duct cleaning, dust will be significantly reduced so allergy-causing particles will no longer be circulating in your home.
- Relief from allergies: If your or a household member suffers from allergies, cleaning the air ducts, vents and furnace will give much relief. Doctors and allergy specialists recommend Valparaiso air duct cleaning and Valparaiso furnace cleaning as helpful ways to minimize allergy problems.
- Increased airflow from air registers. The dust that lingers in your system will gather on the fan blades of the motor, the grills and inside the ductwork. Cleaning the ducts and vents of dust buildup will maximize the flow of air through the register up to 40 percent.
Choosing an Air Duct Cleaning Valparaiso Company
Look for a company that is experienced in doing the job and has the right credentials, including a certification from the National Air Duct Cleaners Association. The company should employ technicians who are qualified and certified to do the job and have undergone the necessary training to ensure safety on the job. Legitimate companies would also have the proper industrial equipment and tools for air duct cleaning.
Also, air duct cleaning Valparaiso professionals do the following steps:
1. Air-wash all vent covers.
2. Power-brush the interior surfaces of the ductwork.
3. Insert the forward skipper into the air register going to the main line to discharge high pressure air in a 360 degree pattern.
4. Clean the main lines by power brushing the interior walls and the top and bottom sides of the duct with the reverse skipper blowing high pressure air still in a 360 degree pattern. This method will get the debris and dirt in the main lines loose so the vacuum can remove them.
5. Clean the plenum, heat exchanger and furnace.
6. Clean and lubricate the fan and motor.
7. Perform the multiple point system check.